Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The next step on the path...

I find myself talking more and more lately about the fact that, while I know in each moment what to do, I know less and less where those actions are taking me. It's clear that there is a direction, a plan, but from here, the destination is unclear.

That's not to say it's not an exciting ride. The people I meet inspire and excite me. I spend a lot of time talking, laughing, connecting. I hear deep truth from the people I meet along the way. I see so much to admire; so much to learn from. I create, projects unfold, effortlessly - so effortlessly, in fact, that it would be easy to downplay their significance if I didn't remind myself to look back once in a while.

More and more, I meet people who are having the same experience of life: there's that part of us that knows our deep truth, whatever we call it - intuition, gut, inner wisdom, God... As I go along in life, I judge that terminology less and less. Whatever we call it, my sense it's the same thing. When we sink down inside ourselves and listen, there is a voice, a prompting, that leaves no room for doubt or hesitation. The faster we act, the faster we respond, the greater the rewards seem to be.

Looking forward, I could say I don't understand it. But looking back, it seems there may be a pattern. The easiest of steps brought me to my greatest achievements; and often where the road was hard, it faded out. The goal was realised, but in retrospect seemed far less important than those that felt inspired.

From where I am now, my strongest desire is to speak, to connect, with people I love - whether that's a lover, friends over dinner, or an audience of thousands.

The "permanent" things seem the least important - houses and cars and jewellery. Conversation is ethereal, gone as soon as uttered. And yet something important remains, stamped on the DNA of all present, ready to be passed down through the ages, in the collective consciousness of all to come.

I have a sense of being on the growing edge of something, following a path clear, and yet step-by-step undefined. It's easy to follow, however, one step at a time.

Jennifer Manson is the author of Easy - Stories from an effortlessly created life, available from Amazon.

No comments: